Graduate Certificate of Policy Design and Analysis
For policy careers in the public sector
Explore public policy and governance in Australia. You’ll learn the fundamentals of contemporary public policy making. Track public policy issues from emergence through to management. Study with internationally renowned teachers and researchers.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Australian National University is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. With ties to the Australian Government, they have special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their approach to education ensures graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to address complex contemporary challenges. Offering innovative online subjects from beginning to advanced levels through Open Universities Australia, they meet varied students’ needs and goals.
Learn more about ANU.
Explore ANU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the processes, institutions, and politics that shape contemporary public policy and governance
- Analyse and evaluate how policy and governance problems are framed, defined and managed
- Develop knowledge of policy instruments and the necessary institutional and political conditions for effective implementation
- Develop and apply communication and analytical skills to operate effectively in contemporary policy and governance professions
Australian Commonwealth and state governments; Social enterprises and Not-for-Profits; Advocacy organizations; International agencies.
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Diploma or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- 24 units of courses in a postgraduate program a GPA of 4/7; or
- GRE General test, completed no more than 5 years before the time of application, with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
Work and Life
A minimum 5 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must meet the ANU English Language requirements. For further information, visit English Language Requirements for Admission .
Contact Crawford.Enquiries@anu.edu.au for case by case information.
The Graduate Certificate in Policy Design and Analysis is a qualification for early-career professionals seeking to start or advance their careers in government and public sector organisations. It equips graduates with the skills they need to confront local, national and global policy challenges of the twenty-first century. On completing the program, graduates will understand the ideas and theories that shape current policy practice and be able to navigate the national and global institutional architecture that governs public affairs. The multidisciplinary curriculum is delivered by a team of leading scholars in policy studies, governance, political development, and public sector leadership with deep expertise in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. The program articulates to the Master of Public Policy.
Recommended Study Pattern
This 6-month degree requires the completion of 24 units. You can find more information about its units and course details by clicking on the program page- Graduate Certificate of Policy Design and Analysis.
The Graduate Certificate of Policy Design and Analysis requires the successful completion of 24 units from the specified courses in relevant areas.