Graduate Certificate of Environmental Management
Upskill or retrain in the priority area of environmental management
Gain a broad overview of current approaches to environmental management. You’ll learn about policy, implementation, and evaluation. Get ready for management and governance roles that respond to sustainability and natural disaster challenges.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Australian National University is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. With ties to the Australian Government, they have special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their approach to education ensures graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to address complex contemporary challenges. Offering innovative online subjects from beginning to advanced levels through Open Universities Australia, they meet varied students’ needs and goals.
Learn more about ANU.
Explore ANU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of current issues in environmental management
- Respond to challenges relating to management, implementation and evaluation of environmental issues
- Reflect critically on environmental management issues and practical challenges in diverse contexts
- Demonstrate familiarity with research principles relevant to the field of environmental management
When you complete this Graduate Certificate program, a wide range of local and international employment pathways may open up to you as you upskill or retrain in this area of national priority.
Many of our Crawford School graduates have taken up senior policy roles with local, state, and federal government. Others have gone on to influential positions with global development institutions, environmental agencies, non-government organisations, and social enterprises.
Others still have elected to specialise in the private sector, where they are guiding sustainability strategies within large-scale mining and agriculture companies.
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Bachelor degree or international equivalent with GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Diploma or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- 24 units of courses in a postgraduate program a GPA of 4/7; or
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) General test, completed no more than 5 years before the time of application, with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- A minimum 5 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applications must show English language proficiency by meeting ANU's English Language Requirements for admission to study this course.
Contact Crawford.Enquiries@anu.edu.au for case by case information.
This Graduate Certificate provides you with an understanding of current issues and approaches to environmental management; of current regulatory and policy frameworks and the ability to contribute to the governance of environmental sustainability and disasters.
Recommended Study Pattern
This 6-month degree requires the completion of 24 units.
As a guide, subjects in this degree can include:
• Land Rights and Resource Development
• Food Wars: Food Security and Agricultural Policy
• Development and Environment in the Anthropocene
• Toxic: Environmental Pollution and Waste
As part of your application, you’ll be guided through how to get the right degree structure in place for you.
The Graduate Certificate of Environmental Management requires the successful completion of 24 units from the specified courses in relevant areas.