Graduate Certificate of Business Analytics
Use big data to make big decisions
Help businesses use data to drive strategy. You’ll gain knowledge in data analysis and visualisation to apply to your current or future analyst career. Focus your learning within the context of a business area, including logistics and marketing.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
ECU is ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 30,000 students, many studying online through Open Universities Australia. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
Learn more about ECU.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate of Business Analytics can:
- Communicate specialised analytics knowledge, concepts, and skills to a variety of audiences in a discipline or professional field.
- Apply independent judgement when analysing and evaluating complex problems to generate data analysis solutions.
- Demonstrate skills in data-driven planning, analysis and evaluation tasks in a range of business environments.
Graduates will be well-placed to seek employment in business analytics roles in every industry sector including human resource management, marketing and supply chain management.
Possible future job titles include Business Analyst, Business Consultant, Data Analyst, HR Analyst, Marketing Analyst, Research Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst
Academic admission requirements may be satisfied through completion of the following:
- Bachelor degree
Work and Life
Alternatively, Applicants can apply with Equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page (Band 4);
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page (Band 4).
If you have completed units of study at University or have relevant professional experience, you may be eligible for Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning (CRPL).
To assess your eligibility for credit, we first need you to apply for and accept an offer in your course of interest with us. You can then submit an Application for Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning via your Student Portal.
This course is designed for those who want to pursue a role in Business Analytics, as well as business professionals who want to improve the quality of decisions in their business areas. Students will be exposed to a range of relevant theory, knowledge and approaches to develop and enhance their conceptual and practical understanding of data analytics in business areas such as human resource management, marketing and supply chain management. Students will be given opportunities to work with a range of Business Analytics tools to identify patterns and trends in complex data sets, and to visualise them in meaningful ways.