Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management
Improve the quality of our human environment
Are you looking to step into a management role within the environment sector? Start with this certificate, spanning four subjects that will equip you to lead in all facets of the environment industry.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
Explore UQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
- Access unique biodiversity hotspots and fascinating ecosystems, ranging from coral reefs to World Heritage rainforests.
- Take advantage of innovative opportunities for marine and terrestrial research and interactive field- and lab-based learning.
- Gain practical experience while enhancing your report-writing and project management skills.
- Organise your study around your professional and personal commitments, with the option to complete many courses online.
- National parks and wildlife conservator
- Environmental assessment and compliance consultant
- Natural resources manager
- Policy developer
- Mining adviser
- Environmental tourism consultant
- Environmental remediation manager
- Environmental systems specialist
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
- 2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
Credit for previous study or work
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program.
Environmental Management is the planning and implementation of actions geared to improve the quality of the human environment.
The postgraduate programs in environmental management at the University of Queensland are multidisciplinary programs designed to enhance the skills and technical expertise of graduates working in all facets of the environmental arena. The programs aim to produce managers able to address the many issues in the highly complex and changing area of environmental management.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management is a 1 year course for a part-time student. Each year consists of 2 Study Periods, also known as semesters. The recommended study pattern consists of 2 core subjects and 2 elective subjects, with 2 to be completed in your first study period and 2 in your second.
To qualify for the Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management, students must satisfactorily complete a program of study consisting of 4 subjects.