This degree will prepare you to progress in the airport management industry by imparting a strong understanding of airport managerial and planning issues together with a broader knowledge of leadership, communication, strategic management, sustainability and systems thinking.
The degree is one of the few postgraduate degrees in the world designed to educate airport managers. All courses are focused on airport or aviation management topics with guest lecturers who have expertise in the airport business sector. If you are already working in the air transport industry, this degree will prepare you to take the next major step in a career in airport management.
This degree will help you take the next step in your aviation career working in strategic airport management. You’ll have the specialist technical and communication skills to take on roles leading and managing regional and metropolitan airport operations, in areas including safety, security, complex organisational change, economics within an airport context, and project management.
A candidate for admission to this Graduate Certificate program must have:
- at least three years supervisory experience in the aviation or airport industry
- OR possess an appropriate degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
Applicants should refer to the English language requirements section of the following University policy for exceptions to these overall requirements:
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Airport Management (GCertAirportMgt), a student must acquire 40 credit points as follows:
- successfully complete 40 credit points of prescribed courses.