How to become a nuclear engineer
What does a nuclear engineer do?Nuclear engineers design and maintain processes, instruments, and systems. They also research and test new applications. Safety and efficiency are always of utmost importance.
Duties and tasks
- Design and develop equipment and instrumentation.
- Research and experiment on new methods and applications.
- Write instructions, manuals, and handbooks.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs.
- In the event of an emergency, make shut down decisions and follow up with a review and recommendations.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.