How to become a nuclear engineer
What does a nuclear engineer do?Nuclear engineers design and maintain processes, instruments, and systems. They also research and test new applications. Safety and efficiency are always of utmost importance.
Duties and tasks
- Design and develop equipment and instrumentation.
- Research and experiment on new methods and applications.
- Write instructions, manuals, and handbooks.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs.
- In the event of an emergency, make shut down decisions and follow up with a review and recommendations.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.