How to become a nuclear engineer
What does a nuclear engineer do?Nuclear engineers design and maintain processes, instruments, and systems. They also research and test new applications. Safety and efficiency are always of utmost importance.
Duties and tasks
- Design and develop equipment and instrumentation.
- Research and experiment on new methods and applications.
- Write instructions, manuals, and handbooks.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs.
- In the event of an emergency, make shut down decisions and follow up with a review and recommendations.
Discover engineering courses
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.