How to become a nuclear engineer
What does a nuclear engineer do?Nuclear engineers design and maintain processes, instruments, and systems. They also research and test new applications. Safety and efficiency are always of utmost importance.
Duties and tasks
- Design and develop equipment and instrumentation.
- Research and experiment on new methods and applications.
- Write instructions, manuals, and handbooks.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs.
- In the event of an emergency, make shut down decisions and follow up with a review and recommendations.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.