How to become an electronic engineering technician
What does an electronic engineering technician do?Working with electronics engineers and engineering technologists, electronic engineering technicians have key roles to perform in the development and upkeep of electronic systems. In addition to operating electronic equipment, they conduct maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repairs.
Duties and tasks
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and fault isolation.
- Test, patch, configure, and reconfigure electronic systems.
- Teach proper use of electrical items to others.
- Design circuitry and wiring for different projects.
- Know safety protocols and regulations for placing different types of circuits into an area.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.