How to become an electronic engineering technician
What does an electronic engineering technician do?Working with electronics engineers and engineering technologists, electronic engineering technicians have key roles to perform in the development and upkeep of electronic systems. In addition to operating electronic equipment, they conduct maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repairs.
Duties and tasks
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and fault isolation.
- Test, patch, configure, and reconfigure electronic systems.
- Teach proper use of electrical items to others.
- Design circuitry and wiring for different projects.
- Know safety protocols and regulations for placing different types of circuits into an area.
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.