How to become an electronic engineering technician
What does an electronic engineering technician do?Working with electronics engineers and engineering technologists, electronic engineering technicians have key roles to perform in the development and upkeep of electronic systems. In addition to operating electronic equipment, they conduct maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repairs.
Duties and tasks
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and fault isolation.
- Test, patch, configure, and reconfigure electronic systems.
- Teach proper use of electrical items to others.
- Design circuitry and wiring for different projects.
- Know safety protocols and regulations for placing different types of circuits into an area.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.