How to become an electronic engineering technician
What does an electronic engineering technician do?Working with electronics engineers and engineering technologists, electronic engineering technicians have key roles to perform in the development and upkeep of electronic systems. In addition to operating electronic equipment, they conduct maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repairs.
Duties and tasks
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and fault isolation.
- Test, patch, configure, and reconfigure electronic systems.
- Teach proper use of electrical items to others.
- Design circuitry and wiring for different projects.
- Know safety protocols and regulations for placing different types of circuits into an area.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an office administrator and what do they do?
Office administrators are the unofficial chief organisational officers of the workplace. They make sure their colleagues have the right tools and environment to do their jobs seamlessly.
11 project management short courses you can study online
Learn how to lead an important work project before the year is over. These online project management courses only take 10-16 weeks to complete.
Career planning: What can you do with an MBA?
There are so many ways you can use a Master of Business Administration to get ahead in your career, and they aren’t just in the business world. Let’s look at what else is out there.