Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Oct 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Note: Students may only enrol in this subject (TAS-ZAS9118) if they are admitted to the Undergraduate Certificate in Science or the Undergraduate Certificate in Sustainable Living. All other students should enrol in TAS-ZAS118.
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and assess business implications of environmental, social, economic challenges for natural resource and science-reliant industries
- Describe and evaluate management approaches to sustainability in natural resource and science-reliant industries
- Analyse and communicate information to support decision-making for sustainable outcomes
- The global challenge
- The tragedy of the commons, an Australian perspective
- Integrated catchment management
- Measuring environmental impact
- Sustainability and governance
- Funding structures for sustainability
- The age of the consumer and social license
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
In this subject, you will investigate sustainable business practices in natural resource and science reliant industries. This includes practices that promote a sustainable business model and minimise the negative impact on social, economic, environmental and cultural values. Through industry-based examples you will identify problems and provide solutions to sustainability challenges.
- Industry scan (20%)
- Photographic essay (35%)
- Industry engagement activity (45%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.