Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Feb 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Critically analyse and evaluate the social, economic, and political implications of public relations in the private and public sector at a local and global level.
- Integrate and apply these concepts to design and produce public relations material for culturally diverse audiences.
- Communicate public relations concepts and strategies effectively and ethically.
- Reflect critically on your professional and research development in the field of public relations.
- Refer to Mylo for study topics
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Recent global events and a dynamic media landscape have highlighted the importance of public relations (PR) practitioners as a central component of contemporary strategic communications practice. This subject will develop your understanding of historical, theoretical, and practical approaches to public relations management and strategy. You will be able to apply these concepts and principles to your public relations practice, through the design, implementation and evaluation of a public relations strategy. This subject will equip you with the skills to interact professionally with senior executives, media and other stakeholders.
- Public Relations Strategy (50%)
- Media Conference Simulation and Reflexive Essay (40%)
- Media Conference Invitation (10%)
Current study term: 19 Feb 23 to 28 May 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.