Local Lives for a Sustainable Planet
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Apply the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in personal and community contexts
- Use interdisciplinary concepts and principles to inform problem solving and decision making for sustainability
- Undertake actions to resolve global sustainability challenges at the personal and community level.
- Enabling sustainable living
- Liberating structures for community capacity building
- Interacting with sustainability initiatives
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject involves both critical reflection on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and critical reflection on lives lived in the context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. You will learn and apply Theory of Change techniques to identify, plan, implement and evaluate the impact of actions for positive change. This capstone subject will give you the opportunity to bring together your learnings and apply sustainability knowledge and literacy to aspects of your own life, and to identify how it can contribute to sustainable outcomes within your wider community and globally.
- Knowledge tree (20%)
- Case study (30%)
- Practice manual (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.