Learning and Teaching in Healthcare Settings
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Identify and apply theories of adult learning to teaching practice
- Explore methods of teaching as they apply to the healthcare setting and the diverse needs of learners
- Demonstrate an understanding of evaluation of teaching and provision of feedback
- Principles and Theories of Learning and Teaching
- Exploring Learning and Teaching
- Evaluation of Learning and Teaching
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject consists of three modules. The first module introduces students to the core principles and theories of learning and teaching. Module two enhances the students’ skills by exploring methods of teaching, and adapting teaching to a wide range of audiences and working with diversity. The final module focuses on performance, and aims to provide skills in coaching, peer review of teaching and evaluation.
- Ongoing Online Discussion (20%%)
- Reflective Case Study (30%%)
- Essay (50%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.