International and National Business Experience
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- High level functioning knowledge about the industrial and economic structure, culture and politics of practising business, management, and leadership in the study tour destination, whether that be in Tasmania, the Australian mainland or overseas.
- Ability to critically reflect on cultural differences, and how these differences impact upon business and management practices.
- Ability to make a high quality professional presentation on important dimensions of doing business in the study tour destination.
- Industrial and economic structure
- Culture and politics of practising business
- Management and Leadership
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to enable students to experience business organisations through interactions with local, national and international business partners representing a broad range of business fields. Students will be provided with current, specific and applicable business knowledge through local and national site visits (where available) and through online practical video workshops with high-calibre international business speakers. With a focus on theory into practice, and encompassing a broad range of business fields, students will interact through face-to-face and online workshop activities designed to allow them to apply their learning outcomes through simulated business environments, and under the guidance of specialist business personnel.
- This subject may involve travel around Tasmania or to Victoria (Melbourne), and possibly other states within Australia. The Business Experience may include interactive workshops, coursework, speakers, instructors, mentor office hours, co-working space access, educational tours of accelerators and tech companies, a welcome and farewell dinner.
- Students will be required to produce two pieces of work as part of the tour: a learning journal, a team (or individual in special circumstances) presentation upon return from the tour. Teaching staff at the TSBE and international, national and local business leaders may include the group to be provided with a copy of the video presentation for comments to students.
- Journal (40%%)
- Report (40%%)
- Presentation (20%%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.