Health Information Systems
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Note: Students may only enrol in this subject (TAS-CRH9608) if they are admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Digital Health. All other students should enrol in TAS-CRH608.
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify appropriate implementation models and critical success factors for introducing an information system specific organisational context
- Develop an implementation plan for the proposed system, identifying an appropriate methodology
- Demonstrate understanding of technical and human issues that need to be considered when developing a health information system
- Distinguish between and discuss relevance of different types of evaluation
- Develop an evaluation strategy for an information systems project
- Traditional Methodologies
- New Methodologies
- Critical Success Factors
- Planning for Systems Implementation
- Technical Issues and Standards
- People Issues
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject builds on your previous data, information and knowledge studies. It is a detailed study of the development, implementation and maintenance of health care systems. The subject includes an exploration of systems theory as it applies to health information systems. It considers the life cycle of a health information system, including strategic and tactical information planning and project management and explores the impact on the organisation of each phase of the life cycle. It explores both technical (infrastructure, hardware and software, standards and codes) and people issues (education and skill development, changes to roles) which need to be resolved in the process of implementing a successful health information system. The subject also explores the role and impact of the informatics professional and the informatics/IT department within the health organisation.
- Case Study Proposal (50%%)
- Case Study (50%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.