Health Informatics in Practice
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Demonstrates an ability to use and explore the possibilities of a variety of digital technologies and advancements within a person centred health environment
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the person centred approach to digital health
- Reflects upon own learning and identifies achievable goals for further development
- Shows self-awareness and insight into the use of digital technologies to assist alternative ways of working.
- Stakeholders and users
- Governance of health informatics in practice
- Designing health informatics in practice
- Social media and mobile technologies
- Big data
- Emerging technology
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This unit expands upon previously introduced concepts and extends the student’s knowledge of the integration of new digital media into healthcare with a particular focus upon person centred care and design. Students will use workplace experience to enhance learning and demonstrate real world applications of different digital media.
- Case Study or Practice Based Simulation (60%)
- Presentation (40%)