Electronic Health Records
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the theory and practical application of electronic health records locally and internationally
- Analyse drivers and trends influencing the development of EHRs
- Critique possible points of tension in the socio-technical system
- Debate the ethical considerations of the development, use, and management of EHRs
- Module 1: Introduction to Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- Module 2: EHRs and Health Information Agenda
- Module 3: EHRs and Conceptual Frameworks
- Module 4: The Ethical Dilemma of EHRs
- Module 5: The Future of EHRs
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject explores the evolution of the electronic health record (EHR). It examines the definition and context of the EHR, records management, the benefits and barriers of EHRs, the national health information agenda, the EHR as a socio-technical tool, ethical considerations, and the future of EHRs.
- Executive Briefing - Integrate an EHR (10%)
- Internal Analysis Report (35%)
- External Environmental Analysis (40%)
- Proposal Presentation (15%)
Current study term: 10 Jul 22 to 16 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.