Delivering Integrated Care
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse stakeholder needs, whole person care and communication requirements for effective implementation of integrated care in healthcare.
- Compare industry practices for integrated care nationally and internationally, within the changing environment.
- Critique application of integrated care, examining the requirements of interprofessional practices across the continuum of care and different sectors.
- Justify application of integrated care models for partnership with patients and family in healthcare.
- Appraise strategies for monitoring and evaluating KPIs of integrated care for value proposition in healthcare.
- To be confirmed prior to commencement.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The unit provides students with an opportunity to develop the skills and capacity to apply integrated care in healthcare contexts. Students will draw on theories, models and tools from the literature of integrated care and assess their application in the delivery of complex healthcare services. Students will gain the skill to investigate the constraints and opportunities for partnership with patients and family, interprofessional practices and whole person care. Students will evaluate organisational resources, systems and value proposition for effective integrated care delivery. Students will have opportunities to hear from experts across Australia and participate in industry case studies and analysis.
- Poster Presentation (40%)
- Outline of Management Tools (30%)
- Integrated Care Case Study (30%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.