Data, Information and Knowledge
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 22 Feb 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the theory and principles of managing health data.
- Compare and contrast the practice of health data management within Australia and internationally.
- Analyse health data to evaluate the performance of a health service.
- Articulate the ethical, legal and political issues in health data.
- Introduction to health data
- Information architecture inc. data definitions and dictionaries
- Data quality and integrity
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Data mining, linkage and big data
- Disaster and contingency planning
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This unit will enable students to critically evaluate the theory, practice and processes for managing data in the healthcare system. The foundations of health data, information, knowledge and wisdom will be introduced, including the concept of information architecture. Methods and the value of data analysis and interpretation are the central focus of the unit, along with an exploration of the role of data linkage. Students will have opportunities to hear from experts across Australia and participate in industry case studies and analysis.
- Essay (30%)
- Data analysis report (45%)
- Case study (25%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 30 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.