Contemporary Business Environments
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Note: Students may only enrol in this subject (TAS-ZAA9131) if they are admitted to the Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business. All other students should enrol in TAS-ZAA131.
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe key features of selected businesses and industries
- Discuss and analyse contemporary and emerging challenges and opportunities in selected businesses and industries
- Identify and define a range of practitioner roles, skills and knowledge applicable in selected businesses and industries.
- The rapidly changing world
- Contemporary workplaces
- Workplace skills and attributes
- Organisational structures and industry clusters
- Market research and product development
- Decision making and communication
- Technological change and disruption
- The Future
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
In this subject, you will identify skill sets and knowledge required to work in a chosen business/industry and evaluate your own skills, attributes and learning goals in this context. Through case studies, workshops, online materials and tutorials, you will gain insight into your chosen business/industry and identify challenges and opportunities of a rapidly changing world. You will explore the operational and external environment of your industry, and how your industry intersects with other industries.
- Engagement Task 1: Perception Activity (0%)
- Engagement Task 2: (Assessment Task 1) (0%)
- Assessment Task 1: Business/Industry eScan (20%)
- Assessment Task 2: Experiential Report (40%)
- Assessment Task 3: Presentation (40%)