Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 20 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Note: Students may only enrol in this subject (TAS-ZAA9133) if they are admitted to the Undergraduate Certificate in Agribusiness or the Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business. All other students should enrol in TAS-ZAA133.
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and explain financial practices and concepts
- Analyse and apply processes and strategies used in business
- Analyse and communicate financial data and information.
- Introduction and business structures
- Financial and accounting concepts
- Financial statement elements
- Financial statement analysis
- Other financial reports – budgets
- Financial reports – external parties
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
In this subject you will investigate and evaluate the application of financial concepts, practices and tools used in assessing the financial performance of a business. Throughout the subject, case studies, tasks and simulations will develop your skills and knowledge on how to apply practices and processes to structure financial statements and reports for business and how these are used to aid business decision making.
- Worksheet and Reflection (20%)
- Simulation and Financial Statement Analysis (30%)
- Case Study (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.