Advanced Health Assessment
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Articulate the essential skills of advanced health assessment, and apply these to diverse contexts
- Accurately interpret integrated assessment findings to make informed clinical decision
- Demonstrate proficient application of your advanced health assessment skills to your work context
- Fundamentals of assessment
- Clinical reasoning
- Health interview
- Respiratory assessment
- Cardiovascular / haemodynamic assessment
- Renal, metabolic, neurological assessment
- Bringing it all together
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides students with the opportunity to further develop their health assessment skills by engaging in a number of learning activities. Students will recognise the essential concepts of health assessment that can be applied in any situation and reflect on their own professional work and the skills they may require. Students will be presented with diverse hypothetical situations (case studies) to gain insight into the adaptability of fundamental assessment skills using a range of approaches to health assessment.
- Clinical skills portfolio (70%)
- Essay (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.