Value Management in Defence Projects
Underscore the role value management plays during a defence project’s management process. Develop a thorough knowledge of how contract work breakdown structures and integrated baseline reviews work. Detail the differences between funds and a budget.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 02 Mar 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an integrated understanding of AS 4817 (Project Performance Management using Earned Value) and the Defence EV Supplement.
- Critically analyse and synthesise Contract Work Breakdown Structures (CWBS) and Earned Value Techniques (Discrete versus Level of Effort).
- Work in teams to develop a plan for Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and System Reviews (SRs).
- Work in teams to reflect on and synthesise issues and concepts in Control Account Management, including building a basis of estimate on uncertainty and demonstrating advanced understanding of the difference between Funds and Budget.
- Communicate effectively in oral, written and graphical formats, incorporating relevant information.
- Project Performance Management using Earned Value
- Integrated Baseline Review
- System Reviews
- Building a basis of estimate on uncertainty
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No special requirements
This unit will provide you with an advanced and integrated understanding of how value management can contribute to project management best practice in Defence Projects. This unit will guide you in the application of value management requirements to contracts, and analysing performance, baseline review and maintenance.
- Online Activities (35%)
- Group Assignment - 1500 words per person (30%)
- Case Study 2000 words (35%)
Textbook information is pending.