Transport, Land Use and Environment
Create liveable communities in urban settings with your studies of human-scaled, mixed-use design. Connect land use and transport with transit orientated development. Locate environmental issues. Navigate New Urbanism and Smart Growth principles.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate the impacts of land use factors such as density, regional accessibility, land use mix and roadway connectivity affect traffic patterns
- design innovative approaches to public transport service planning
- critically review environmental impacts of transport
- adapt the knowledge of research principles and methods of integrating land use and transport
- combine the knowledge and skills gained in the areas of land use, transport and the environment and develop a research project.
- Land impacts on transport
- Public transport service planning
- Accessibility issues
- Environment impacts of transport
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop your in-depth understanding of the land use-transportation integration in metropolitan settings; to further develop your ability to critically review the concepts of New Urbanism and Smart Growth principles and also Transit Oriented Development issues and resulting environmental impacts.
- Module problems (30%)
- Presentation (25%)
- Research Project (45%)