- Introduction to Quality
- Total Quality in organisations
- Philosophies and frameworks
- Strategic focus for Performance Excellence
- Process Management
- Performance measurement and information management
- Six Sigma and process improvement
- Design for quality and product excellence
- Statistical process control
- Leading, building and sustaining performance excellence
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Online Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The aim of the subject is to build an understanding of the management of quality and the recognition of quality performance as a strategic goal in manufacturing and service companies.
The subject will provide an insight into issues of global competitiveness and the role of management leadership, quality planning, company culture, quality tools and systems, teamwork and communications all integrated to form the overall organisational response to successfully face today's business challenge for manufacturing industry and services. It will be highlighted that quality is no longer an added function to the organisation, neither is it related solely to the resulting product or service. Also, it is vital to point out that Quality is based on the scientific method and uses specific and statistical tools to a great extent. Quality is the responsibility of everyone and embedded in every activity undertaken by the organisation and is customer driven.
- Continuous Assessment (20%)
- Integrative Assessment (30%)
- Invigilated Exam - 2 hours (50%)
Textbook information is pending.