Supply Chain Modelling and Simulation
Measure the pros and cons of various supply chain systems. Experiment with linear and mixed integer programming. Use your new knowledge to identify the best supply chain strategies.Hone your supply chain system modelling and simulation skills.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand various critical issues in supply chain modelling and simulation
- demonstrate the appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of various models and simulation packages
- apply their knowledge in modelling simple supply chain systems
- apply their knowledge in simulating simple supply chain systems.
- Supply chain management, integrated planning and models
- Linear programming
- Mixed Integer programming
- Heuristic methods
- Descriptive models
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
In order to have good supply chain design there is a need to understand how the available tools can be used for modelling and simulating any alternative designs and strategies in supply chain systems. This unit introduces tools for modelling and simulation in order to instil appreciation of these techniques.
This subject provides the tools of modelling and simulation to develop alternative designs and select the best design or alternative with respect to the desired criteria for all the functions in the entire supply chain management.
- Ongoing formative assessment (20%)
- Simulation assessment (30%)
- Topic assessment 3 hrs (50%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 23 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.