Supply Chain Management
Test supply chain management processes and formulate solutions that could improve them. Recognise the importance of devising planning and analysis strategies. Put system-based frameworks in place to evaluate the performance of supply chain networks.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2022
- 18 Jul 2022
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe the different levels of supply chain activities and assess their strengths and weaknesses
- utilise a systematic framework for analysing the behaviour of supply chain networks
- recognise the Supply Chain Management principles utilised in an organisation
- describe the impact of supply chain decisions on a firm's performance and chain decisions on a firm's performance and identify decisions of planning process as well as tools that can be used for planning supply chain systems
- recommend procedures to Supply Chain Management processes to improve competitiveness of an organisation.
- Supply chain concept, definition, elements and roles of supply chain management
- Strategic fit of the supply chain and competitive advantage
- Supply chain performance
- Methodologies for supply chain management strategy formulation
- Types of distribution network
- Distribution network design
- Demand forecast and planning for the supply chain
- Inventory management and inventory replenishment techniques
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject provides you with the concepts of the major issues of supply chain structure and then strategies for advanced planning, analysis, design and development of supply chain systems. Advanced supply chain concepts include analysis of elements and roles of supply chain management, strategic fit of the supply chain and competitive advantage and supply chain performance. Application of methodologies for supply chain management include strategy formulation and analysis including advanced knowledge of types of distribution network, distribution network design, demand forecast and planning for the supply chain, inventory management, and inventory replenishment techniques.
- Continuous Assessment (30%)
- Group Assignment - 3000 words (30%)
- Major Individual Assignment (40%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 23 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.