Research Theory and Practice
Ponder how to pursue, form and utilise knowledge, then use your learnings to fuel your research practice.Unpack theories of knowledge and concepts of being. Strengthen your research methodology. Branch out into data analysis and interpretation.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of theoretical research knowledge and skills in critical reflection on theory and professional research practice
- Demonstrate skills in investigating, analysing, and synthesising complex research concepts and information
- Critique a substantial body of relevant literature
- Devise a rigorous research or investigate methodology and attendant research methods
- As a professional, design an international quality research-based proposal.
- Philosophy of knowledge
- Nature of reality
- Ethics and research
- Knowledge claims and intellectual paradigms
- Research design
- Confidence and reliability
- Research methods (quantitative and qualitative)
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Proposal writing
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:andand
- USA-MPM411-Principles of Project Management (No longer available)
No additional requirements
This subject provides you with an advanced understanding of the nature of knowledge and its pursuit through research and to equip you with skills to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a researcher.
- Online activities (20%)
- Online activities (30%)
- Research Proposal (50%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 23 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.