Research Theory and Practice
Ponder how to pursue, form and utilise knowledge, then use your learnings to fuel your research practice.Unpack theories of knowledge and concepts of being. Strengthen your research methodology. Branch out into data analysis and interpretation.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
- 17 Jul 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of theoretical research knowledge and skills in critical reflection on theory and professional research practice
- Demonstrate skills in investigating, analysing, and synthesising complex research concepts and information
- Critique a substantial body of relevant literature
- Devise a rigorous research or investigate methodology and attendant research methods
- As a professional, design an international quality research-based proposal.
- Philosophy of knowledge
- Nature of reality
- Ethics and research
- Knowledge claims and intellectual paradigms
- Research design
- Confidence and reliability
- Research methods (quantitative and qualitative)
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Proposal writing
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- USA-MPM417-Project Leadership & Teams (No longer available)
- USA-MPM414-Project Control Methods (No longer available)
- USA-MPM411-Principles of Project Management (No longer available)
- USA-MPM413-Project Risk Management (No longer available)
No additional requirements
This subject provides you with an advanced understanding of the nature of knowledge and its pursuit through research and to equip you with skills to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a researcher.
- Online activities (20%)
- Online activities (30%)
- Research Proposal (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).