Project Governance and Ethics
Expand your understanding of the governance aspects of project management. Follow project documentation and communication guidelines. Keep the moral, ethical and legal considerations of project governance at the forefront of your mind.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 02 Mar 2020
- 20 Jul 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, and apply advanced theoretical knowledge of governance and ethics in projects.
- Critically analyse how the rules, norms and actions are structured, sustained, regulated and held accountable within an organisation and its projects, and within different cultures.
- Communicate and apply technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences about ethics and governance.
- Apply creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice in respect to moral, ethical and legal aspects associated with projects.
- Corporate and project policy
- Project documentation and communications
- People management
- Contractual concepts
- Project auditing
- Principles of governance
- Professional ethics and accountability
- Legal and social responsibilities of organisations and managers in Project Management environments
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Standard Media
- Welcome letter
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject provides you with a specialised knowledge of project governance and associated ethical perspectives within a range of project management contexts.
- Online activities 1500 words (30%)
- Case Study (1500 words) (30%)
- Research Paper (2000 words) (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.