Procurement & Contract Management
Strengthen your knowledge of contract law and management. Gather up the methods used when procuring the goods or services needed to execute a project.Consider the moral, legal and environmental aspects of project procurement and contract management.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 24 Feb 2019
- 14 Jul 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced theoretical and practical understanding of procurement and contract management processes within project management contexts over the life of a project
- Apply different procurement options based on assessment criteria to suit various project requirements from procurement decisions, methods of solicitations, documentations and selection of services providers
- Justify and interpret the legal applications and implications to maintain the integrity of the tender procurement process, including fairness and transparency in preparing tender documentations and evaluations
- Critically analyse and synthesise complex contractual issues and resolutions from contract documentations to project completion.
- Planning procurements
- Solicitation methods
- Procurement and contract strategies
- Tendering processes
- Prequalification systems
- Evaluation techniques
- Procurement probity and ethics
- Application of contract law
- Contract administration
- Contract closeout
- Green procurement
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No special requirements
This subject will provide you with advanced knowledge of procurement and contract strategies, methods and management processes throughout the life cycle to achieve project deliverables.
- Essay (30%)
- Group project (1300-1500 words per person) (30%)
- Examination (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.