Procurement & Contract Management
Strengthen your knowledge of contract law and management. Gather up the methods used when procuring the goods or services needed to execute a project.Consider the moral, legal and environmental aspects of project procurement and contract management.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Subjects may require attendance
- 15 Jul 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced theoretical and practical understanding of procurement and contract management processes within project management contexts over the life of a project
- Apply different procurement options based on assessment criteria to suit various project requirements from procurement decisions, methods of solicitations, documentations and selection of services providers
- Justify and interpret the legal applications and implications to maintain the integrity of the tender procurement process, including fairness and transparency in preparing tender documentations and evaluations
- Critically analyse and synthesize complex contractual issues and resolutions from contract documentations to project completion.
- Planning procurements
- Solicitation methods
- Procurement and contract strategies
- Tendering processes
- Prequalification systems
- Evaluation techniques
- Procurement probity and ethics
- Application of contract law
- Contract administration
- Contract closeout
- Green procurement
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject will provide you with advanced knowledge of procurement and contract strategies, methods and management processes throughout the life cycle to achieve project deliverables.
- Online activities (30%)
- Group Report (30%)
- 1500 words equivalent (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: