Portfolio and Program Management
Advance your knowledge of portfolios and of the managers who oversee them.Trace the ties between portfolios, programs, projects and organisational management. Enhance your one-on-one and team skills. Address program strategy and performance.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced understanding of knowledge that includes recent, global developments within the field of portfolio and program management and its application in professional practice
- investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to the portfolio and program management practice
- evaluate, justify and interpret portfolio and program management methodologies and theoretical propositions for decision-making in professional practice
- apply advanced individual and team skills that entail application of local and international perspectives
- reflect critically on theory and professional practice or scholarship in the area of contemporary Portfolio and Program Management.
- Inter-relationships between portfolio, program, project, and organisational management
- Program management performance domains
- Program strategy alignment, benefits management and stakeholder engagement
- Program governance, prorgram lifecycle management, portfolio management and organisational strategy
- The role of the portfolio manager
- The role of the PMO in portfolio management
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:andandand
No additional requirements
This subject provides you with an advanced understanding of a body of knowledge in respect to portfolio and program management as applied in professional practice.
- Case study (1500-2000 words) (30%)
- Online activities (35%)
- Group assignment (1500 words per person) (35%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.