Operations Management Systems
Engineer your operations management knowledge. Get competitive and devise strategies to outperform rivals. Design, review, monitor and control production processes. Lean on systems to optimise customer value. Apply work measurement techniques.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Feb 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand operations management principles
- develop a working knowledge of the concepts and methods in operations management
- analyse processes and demonstrate excellence in operations management
- apply appropriate techniques in the planning and management of operations.
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Operations Management Strategies
- Quality Management
- Processes and Technology
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Resource Planning
- Lean Systems
- Work Measurement
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills in operations management. On completion of this subject, you should be able to understand operations management principles, analyse processes, develop a strategic framework for competitiveness and apply appropriate techniques in the planning and management of operations. The subject will cover operations and competitiveness, strategy formulation, quality management, transformation systems and technologies, inventory management, aggregate planning, resource planning, operation decision-making tools and analysis, lean systems and work measurement and time standards.
- Continuous Assessment (40%)
- Group Assignment (20%)
- Invigilated Exam - 3 hours (40%)
Current study term: 27 Feb 22 to 05 Jun 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.