Minor Thesis 1 (Eng)
Design and engineer a research proposal to prepare for a minor thesis. Choose your specialisation and build expertise. Focus on and evaluate an industry specific problem and find a solution. Be precise and get critical. Report discoveries.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Online and other materials
- 20 Jul 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Times Higher Education Ranking
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- plan and conduct an engineering research project, which involves resolving a research/industry problem
- evaluate and critique on existing work/ literature and formulate a solution
- develop a specific area of expertise and document the outcome or findings with academic rigour.
- Report writing style guide
- Project proposal guide
- Project progress report
- Thesis writing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
Students must successfully complete at least 4 subjects in the Master of Engineering (Engineering Management) degree before undertaking the Engineering Management Minor Thesis.
No special requirements
This subject provides you with the opportunity to undertake an applied research project and to prepare a minor thesis. It includes design, planning and scheduling of a project in the area of chosen specialisation; literature review; project methodology; research proposal; significant progress in carrying out the selected project. At least 400 hours of effort will be required to complete the project and thesis.
- Research Proposal - 1500 words (10%)
- Weekly Progress Report - 100 words (5%)
- Final Report 7500 - 10000 words (85%)
Textbook information is pending.