Managing Complexity in Projects
Find out how complexity management techniques can aid professional project development. Employ creative thinking when solving complex project problems. Understand the dimensions of project complexity. Research complexity management theories.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge that includes recent developments in Complexity Management in Projects and its application in professional practice
- investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to the Complexity Management body of knowledge and practice
- reflect critically and demonstrate both the theoretical knowledge and professional practice in the area of contemporary Complexity Management in Projects and international project management
- apply collaborative skills towards developing international perspectives that include viewpoints on different geopolitical environments that require a range of cultural approaches
- display advanced insight into both ethical and legal aspects that require consideration when planning and implementing international projects
- Understanding complexity thinking
- Risk management in complex projects
- Applying complexity thinking to the project cycle and to highly complex projects
- Managing innovation in complex projects
- Managing the dimensions of project complexity
- Internationalisation of project practices
- The human element in highly complex and/or international projects
- International project finance and procurement
- Ethical issues in international project environments
- Project management in multiple offshore locations
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject provides you with an advanced understanding of complexity management as applied to projects including the additional complexities of applying professional project practices to international and global projects.
- Case study (1500-2000 words) (35%)
- Online activities (35%)
- Reflective Report (1500 words) (30%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.