Lean Six Sigma
Take up the Lean Six Sigma methodology and focus team efforts on removing waste from business enterprises.Rely on Lean Six Sigma tools and concepts. Probe case studies. Analyse the Supply Chain Reference Model and its Lean Six Sigma variations.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 02 Mar 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the DMAIC and DMADV methodologies
- apply six sigma techniques to reduce variation and improve quality, processes, systems, products and services
- understand the principles and applications of design for six sigma for product or service design and performance monitoring
- understand the SCOR model and the lean/six sigma adaptions
- analyse and represent six sigma case studies.
- Six sigma concepts, methods and tools
- Design for six sigma for service design
- Six sigma applications
- SCOR and lean six sigma
- Six sigma case study analysis
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Welcome letter
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides you with advanced knowledge and skills to identify analyse and partake in six sigma projects and contextualise industrial practice into an academic research setting. You will analyse six sigma concepts, tools and processes and how they can be applied in improvement and design projects. There is an emphasis on application of industry standard the Supply Chain Reference Model (SCOR) along with its lean/six sigma adaptions and the use of design for six sigma for service design and performance monitoring. The degree contextualises six sigma within a case study context and students analyse contemporary research into six sigma.
- Group assignment (40%)
- Online quizzes & activities (30%)
- Individual assignment (30%)
Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management: A 10-Step Solution Process, 2nd ed.
Martin, J. W