Engineering Economic Analysis
Arm yourself with the financial planning and accounting skills necessary to conduct engineering economic evaluations. Measure the worth of project investments. Balance risks and uncertainties. Tally the influence of taxation and depreciation.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2022
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Feb 2022
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand the principles of financial accounting and planning
- assess the financial conditions of a manufacturing company
- analyse different product costs in manufacturing
- apply appropriate techniques for measuring the worth of project investments
- conduct effective decision analysis in the presence of multiple attributes, uncertainties, or risks.
- Financial statement analysis
- Budgeting and analysis of performance
- Analysing fixed and variable cost
- Allocation of indirect costs, analysis of product costs
- Investment appraisal
- Net present value
- Internal Rate of Return
- Depreciation and taxation
- Multi-attribute analysis
- Measures of investment worth under risk
- Utility theory
- Risk analysis, decision tree analysis
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject aims to provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in engineering economic analysis and investment appraisals. On completion of this subject, you will have an integrated understanding of the principles of financial accounting and planning, the assessment of financial conditions of a manufacturing company, and the analysis of different product costs in manufacturing. You will be able to systematically and critically apply appropriate techniques for measuring the worth of project investments, and conduct effective decision analysis in the presence of uncertainties, risks, or multiple attributes.
- Group Assignment (30%)
- Assessment (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Current study term: 27 Feb 22 to 05 Jun 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.