Economic, Social & Environmental Analysis
Judge the impacts that economic, social and environmental factors have on the project management process.Pursue trends in sustainability and finance. Investigate methods for managing project uncertainty. Understand the typical project lifecycle.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 17 Jul 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of economic, social and environment contexts that influence and constrain typical projects
- Discriminate and utilise advanced skills in analysing Australian and international trends and forecasting with particular reference to trends in sustainability.
- Appraise and evaluate complex corporate finance and decision making processes relevant for project selection and management.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of financial and trend analysis at each phase of the project life-cycle so that you can prepare the relevant documentation for the project.
- External analysis and forecasting of social, economic and environment trends
- Application of sustainability and ethical practices and principles
- Internal environmental and situational analysis
- Internal financial systems and processes that impact on project selection and management
- Complexities in financial analysis and managing uncertainty
- Sources of funds on project acceptance
- Project termination or completion
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- USA-MPM411-Principles of Project Management (No longer available)
No additional requirements
This subject provides you with an advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of the economic, social and environmental factors that influence and constrain projects throughout a project life-cycle.
- Online activities (30%)
- Group project (1300-1500 words per person) (30%)
- Examination (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).