Cases in Logistics and Supply Chain
Review a real life industrial logistics case study as you broaden your studies in supply chain management.Step into the Australian workplace and explore its work culture. Get a snapshot of global business practices and how they affect supply chains
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain Australian work culture and understand Australian workplaces
- analyse logistics and SC management cases
- identify main issues and problems and select appropriate methodologies to investigate them
- generate and evaluate alternative solutions
- recommend and justify potential solutions
- manage implementation issues and outcomes
- prepare and present a business report in a professional manner.
- Methodology for problem solving including; analysis of existing situation, identification of major issues and problems and recommend solutions
- Global Business practices
- International business ethics and law
- Analysis and development of solutions for case studies in Logistics and Supply Chain
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject aims to provide students with experience in working with practical, real-life logistics and supply chain management issues. You will apply and synthesise advanced knowledge of a complex supply chain management through undertaking an analysis of a real life industrial case study in either an academic or industrial setting and represent this through a business report.
Throughout the case study, you will apply advanced methodologies for problem solving including; analysis of existing situation, identification of major issues and problems, generation and evaluation of alternative solutions, recommendation and justification of solutions and implementation. You will develop advanced knowledge of global business practices, and international business ethics.
- Continuous Individual Assessment (20%)
- Individual (30%)
- Group Assignment (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.