Reflective Practitioner 1
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Jun 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- based upon their own professional attributes profile, apply autonomy and well-developed judgement to identify those competencies which might be improved (GTSD 6.1.1, 6.2.1);
- apply specialised academic skills and knowledge to critically analyse a model of reflective practice in education and relate this to professional attributes (GTSD 6.1.1, 6.2.1, 6.3.1, 6.4.1);
- based on relevant theories and concepts describe and justify a suitable methodology by which improvement in professional practices can be made (GTSD 6.1.1, 6.2.1, 6.3.1, 6.4.1); and
- demonstrate a high level of coherent theoretical knowledge and understanding to select a suitable methodology, design, undertake and analyse a case study of reflective professional practice (GTSD 6.1.1, 6.3.1, 6.4.1).
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in the Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education (Primary). To enrol in this subject you will need to pass the Prerequisite/s. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not pass the prerequisite subject/s.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - t is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
In this subject, you will gain insights into reflective practice and action and develop your skills in the dynamic nature of organisational change and collaborative problem solving. You will learn how to apply methodologies both as an individual and as part of a community to improve the way problems are addressed and solved. You will also gain valuable skills that help you apply a systematic reflective process to a wide range of practical problems in the classroom, the workplace or the wider professional environment.
Essay: 2800 words. Relates to GTSD: 6.1.1, 6.2.1, 6.3.1, 6.4.1. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 3 Essay. 3200 words. Relates to GTSD: 6.1.1, 6.2.1, 6.3.1, 6.4.1. Relates to Learning Outcomes 2, 3, 4
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 23 Sep 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.