Health and Physical Education in the Primary School
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Oct 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a professional understanding of the continuum of physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of the primary school-aged child in PDHPE (GTSD 1.1.1);
- identify and effectively communicate research-based knowledge of pedagogies for the teaching of movement skills (GTSD 1.2.1);
- demonstrate coherent knowledge of teaching strategies, appropriate assessment strategies, class management and organisation skills for effective and safe teaching of health and physical lessons and different approaches to learning (GTSD 2.1.1, 4.4.1, 5.1.1); and
- critically examine, design and implement lesson sequences incorporating diverse approaches to teaching and learning the PDHPE K-6 Syllabus (GTSD 3.2.1).
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in the Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education Primary.
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject is concerned with the fundamentals of curriculum theory and teaching in the Health and Physical Education component of the primary school curriculum. The subject examines theoretical and practical aspects of the key learning area through a variety of learning experiences.
- Programming Task - 3000 words (60%)
- Written Task - 1000 words (40%)
Current study term: 24 Oct 21 to 04 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.