Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate specialised knowledge of the principles of environmentalism;
- analyse information and apply judgement to develop less harmful ways of living through the construction of a "green practice path", and transmit solutions to others;
- apply specialised knowledge and skills with initiative and judgement to practise environmental peace - through caring for life and ecological systems and reducing damage to the environment; and
- demonstrate personal responsibility and autonomy to analyse information and engage in environmental peacemaking to transform ecological violence into environmental peace.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in Diploma in Arts
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
Students engage in finding a personal connection to green living and environmental responsibility by constructing for themselves a 'green practice path' to sustainability. They explore how to effect real change through a willingness to act appropriately in their own spheres of existence while influencing wider changes in the world.They learn about: reducing harm to themselves and ecological systems; empathizing with environmental suffering; gaining inspiration from green thinkers and workers; and linking the green path of environmental peacemaking to living in harmony with nature.
Assessment 1 Online Activity Forum: 500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 2 Annotated Bibliography: 1500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 3 Essay: 2000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Online Activity Forum (15%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 24 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.