Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Learn more about UNE.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate specialised knowledge of the principles of environmentalism;
- analyse information and apply judgement to develop less harmful ways of living, and offer solutions;
- apply specialised knowledge and skills to practise environmental peace; and
- demonstrate knowledge of information to engage in environmental peace, including personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in Diploma in Arts
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
The environment is in a constant state of flux and its protection is a task for everyone. This subject offers you the opportunity to explore your own principles of environmentalism and how they relate to peace, and the concept of “make peace, plant a tree”. You will learn how to engage in finding a personal connection to green living and environmental responsibility by constructing for yourself a ‘green practice path to sustainability’. You will explore how to effect real change through acting in your own spheres of existence while influencing wider changes in the world. You will also learn about reducing harm to individuals and ecological systems; empathizing with human and environmental suffering; gaining inspiration from green and peace thinkers and workers; and linking the green path of environmental peacebuilding to living in harmony with nature.
Assessment 1 Online Activity Forum: 500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 2 Annotated Bibliography: 1500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 3 Essay: 2000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Online Activity Forum (15%)
Current study term: 25 Jun 23 to 06 Oct 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.