Undergraduate | UAD-COM3501OUA | 2024
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Start dates
- 20 May 2024,
- 2 Sept 2024
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 13 weeks
About this subject
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the internal and external environments in which businesses operate and assess their significance for future initiatives.
2. Apply an understanding of the theories, concepts, and tools that support strategic management in organizations.
3. Individually and collaboratively evaluate and synthesise information and existing knowledge from numerous sources and experiences.
4. Apply appropriate tools, theories, and concepts to analyse strategic issues in organizations and to develop potential implementation options.
5. Participate constructively in team situations to complete shared tasks and meet agreed deadlines.
This course focuses on the analysis and synthesis underpinning sound strategic management. Strategic management is concerned with the long-term direction, scope, and performance of an organization. Whether the overall strategy of an organization emerges from the interplay of functional departments or is a grand plan devised by one group, its success is contingent on the fit that is made between the organization and the relevant environmental dynamics. The actions of the organization are simultaneously a result of these dynamics and a cause of them. Hence a continuous, accurate analysis and synthesis of environmental and organizational interactions is a critical component of a successful strategy.
- Individual Assignment (40%)
- Group Presentation (30%)
- Final Assignment (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The University of Adelaide has a habit of breaking new ground. It was Australia’s first university to welcome female students. The first to offer science and business degrees. Its alumni include Australia’s first female prime minister; the first Australian to walk in space; 2021 Young Australian of the Year; and 2020 Australian of the Year. Adelaide’s OUA degrees will give you deep discipline knowledge, transferable, future-ready skills, and the capability to change the world for the better. With Adelaide, you can make history.
Learn more about Adelaide University.
Explore Adelaide University courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- UAD-INB-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of International Business
- UAD-HSM-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Health Service Management
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units. MyUni is the University of Adelaide's online learning environment. MyUni provides access to various features including announcements, course materials, discussion boards and assessments.
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses