Undergraduate | UAD-ENT3900OUA | 2024
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Start dates
- 2 Sept 2024
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 13 weeks
About this subject
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and evaluate a potential entrepreneurial opportunity using a systematic process;
- Determine a practical resource strategy to exploit the opportunity in an innovative manner;
- Build an effective entrepreneurial team to develop strategies to exploit the entrepreneurial opportunity;
- Communicate and present the new entrepreneurial venture to relevant stakeholders including investors;
- Replicate the process of assessing the viability of entrepreneurial opportunities for future endeavours.
- Ideas and opportunities – understanding how to relate ideas from a customer perspective
- Entrepreneurial mindset and team formation
- Validating the customer needs/jobs/problems
- Creating value and business modelling
- Speed dating with mentors
- Prototyping – leveraging enabling technologies, tools and methodologies
- Market evaluation
- Venture Showcase
- Value re-positioning
- Marketing and Pitching
- Financing your venture
- Pitch coaching
Assessing the viability of your ideas in a systematic manner is an integral requirement for any career path, not only if you want to embark on an entrepreneurial career. Evidence suggests that your time at University is one of the best times to gain this experience. The eChallenge is a course designed to offer you a chance to perceive ideas from the perspective of pain experienced by or gain obtained by customers, develop innovative solutions using creative strategies, test ideas by interacting with customers, mentors, and industry practitioners, and finally pitch ideas to a panel of investors from industry. Building your network during industry interactions is an added benefit. Added to this, the course offers a range of cash and in-kind prizes, with winners announced at a black-tie awards dinner for all participants with industry veterans and investors. The course is the first step into entrepreneurship for many who have gone on to great entrepreneurial endeavors, as well as an enriching personal learning experience for all.
All assessment is assignment based.
- Needs Assessment Report (30%)
- New venture proposal (30%)
- Semi-Final Pitches (30%)
- Learning Reflections (10%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The University of Adelaide has a habit of breaking new ground. It was Australia’s first university to welcome female students. The first to offer science and business degrees. Its alumni include Australia’s first female prime minister; the first Australian to walk in space; 2021 Young Australian of the Year; and 2020 Australian of the Year. Adelaide’s OUA degrees will give you deep discipline knowledge, transferable, future-ready skills, and the capability to change the world for the better. With Adelaide, you can make history.
Learn more about Adelaide University.
Explore Adelaide University courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- UAD-INB-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of International Business
- UAD-HSM-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Health Service Management
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units. MyUni is the University of Adelaide's online learning environment. MyUni provides access to various features including announcements, course materials, discussion boards and assessments.
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses