Research effective consulting strategies and develop skills to solve statistical problems for clients in real settings. Advise using different data collection methods. Survey behaviour and ethics. Consult case studies. Write and present reports.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Formulate research questions and hypotheses in a specific consulting context
- Distinguish between different data collection strategies and research designs in a specific consulting context
- Appraise client needs in regard to appropriate data analysis using a range of statistical procedures and interpretation of the results of this analysis
- Formulate directions for further investigations by the client
- Compose findings and conclusions using presentations and written reports
- Contribute to projects assisting with research proposals, ethics and tender applications and journal articles.
- Objectives of statistical consulting
- Managing relationships with collaborators and clients
- Advanced statistical methodology for consulting
- Professional behaviour and ethics
- Writing research proposal and ethics applications
- Preparing tender application and research articles
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Welcome letter
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-STA80004-Advanced Topics in Regression , or SWI-HMS793
No special requirements
This subject assists students to develop effective consulting strategies and expertise for dealing with clients who ask for statistical help. This will be done using case studies and a range of real clients with real problems.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignments — 2 (60%)
- Presentation (20%)
- Quizzes — Online (20%)