Public Relations: Reputation to Risk
Broaden your understanding of public relations and its role in corporate reputation management. Read up on the methods associated with crisis and risk communication. Explore how public affairs and social media play into reputation management.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Students who successfully complete of this subject will be able to:
- Critically evaluate PR's role in corporate reputation management
- Analyse and identify ethical issues that arise in reputation management
- Critically apply methodologies for dealing with issues, crisis and risk communication requirements
- Formulate reputation management through exploring a range of public relations sub-disciplines such as government relations and media relations.
- Public relations as reputation management
- Ethical issues in reputation management
- Critical perspectives on public relations
- Sustainability strategies for building reputation
- Managing issues
- Communicating in crisis
- Dealing with risks
- Managing reputation across borders
- Managing reputation online - including in social media
- The role of public affairs in managing reputation
- Media relations strategies for reputation management
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
This subject provides students with an understanding of PR's role in reputation management, and to provide appropriate methodologies for this task.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Group (50%)
- Portfolio (20%)
- Public Relations Plan (30%)