- What is online writing?
- Writing and Designing for Digital Media
- Narrative structure for online and digital stories
- Writing for specific platforms (eg various social and new media platforms)
- Copyright, Ownership, and authorship
- Theorising online spaces
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject investigates current and evolving digital media platforms and the issues which writers across all genres must consider when writing online. In this subject, you will consider how textual and design elements can be used to create materials for digital formats. This subjects allows you to work practically, by creating your own online writing project; and theoretically, by encountering the principles informing digital literacy, gaming, new textual discourses and postmodern approaches to narrative and form.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Online Discussion (60-70%)
- Assignments (30-40%)