Creative Industry Enterprise
Take a hands-on approach as you develop a business plan for a creative industry. Learn how to access industry knowledge, conduct research and think as an entrepreneur. Assess plans and campaigns for creative industries to gain confidence.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Learn more about Swinburne.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
After successfully completing this subject, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the key methodologies of research and key sources of information related to creative industries.
- Demonstrate research skills and entrepreneurial thinking and writing skills and apply these to creative industries.
- Critically evaluate and create engagement plans and campaigns for creative industries.
- The nature of creative enterprises
- Sources of research and data about creative industries
- Evaluation of research and reports about creative industries
- Entrepreneurial thinking and opportunity identification
- Creative industry engagement techniques and approaches
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject offers students the opportunity to undertake research into the creative industries or to develop a business plan for a creative industries service, product or engagement. Students will learn about the key industry knowledge repositories and how to access them, how to develop industry focused research, and how to build a creative industries focused engagement or business plan. They will develop skills in entrepreneurial thinking.
Please note: Assessment values are indicative only; details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Written Assignment (60%)
- Weekly Discussion Threads (12) (40%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 28 May 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.