Marketing Performance Analysis
Broaden your understanding of how businesses use marketing to target customers. Examine marketing performance data. Unpack image and brand. Know how to consider the organisation, its customers and the marketing environment when conducting business research.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of the relevance of a range of theories to marketing functions and activities
- Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems faced by marketing managers with regard to achieving customer understanding
- Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research to assist managerial decision making in the contemporary business world
- Apply knowledge of marketing performance analysis tools analytical approaches to a variety of complex problems to provide innovative solutions to develop effective marketing strategies
- Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team.
- Defining marketing and its customer focus
- Research and decision making
- The business research process
- People & satisfaction
- Image and brand
- Product design & evaluation
- Place a retail design
- Price and value
- Marketing strategy
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
Marketing Performance Analysis introduces students to a range of evolving marketing concepts and activities and explains the customer centric essence of modern day marketing practise. Through practical examples and case studies the subject provides insight to the techniques that businesses use to gain this customer focus. Students are introduced to the three pillars of strategic business research, namely understanding the organisation, understanding customers, and understanding the marketing environment (including the competition). Practical insights are given into the range of approaches used to inform marketing strategy and to design elements of the marketing mix. Rather than just focusing on methodological considerations, the subject provides training in both the application and interpretation of actual data generated from the most popular areas of contemporary business research, namely segmentation, brand health tracking, service quality and customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and internal audits, retail audits and other research activities that support the marketing mix.
- Assignment 1 — Individual (30-40%)
- Assignment 2 — Individual/Group (30-50%)
- Assignment 3 — Individual (20-30%)