- Students will undertake a substantial literature and/or internet research project on a particular aspect or period of the history of astronomy
- Each student will work closely with a supervisor assigned to his or her project, communicating and exchanging drafts via email
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
- SWI-AST80008-History of Astronomy
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop the student's knowledge and understanding of a particular aspect or period of the history of astronomy, and their practical literature and internet research skills, plus synthesis and communication skills.
One of the assignments tasks may also include logging your work electronically. (Electronic Logbook).
- Assignment 1 - Project report (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Literature review (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Project proposal (20%)