- Students will undertake a substantial literature and/or internet research project on a particular aspect or period of the history of astronomy
- Previous project topics are listed to give an idea of the scope of project expected.
- Students should suggest their own project, subject to negotiation with the unit convener.
- Each student will work closely with a supervisor, and, where appropriate, students will collaborate with each other via newsgroup discussions.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-AST80008-History of Astronomy , or SWI-HET607
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop the student's knowledge and understanding of a particular aspect or period of the history of astronomy, and their practical literature and Internet research skills, plus synthesis and communication skills.
One of the assignments tasks may also include logging your work electronically. (Electronic Logbook).
- Project proposel (20%)
- Literature review (30%)
- Project (50%)
Textbook information is pending.