Further Statistical Computing Using SAS
Figure out ways to multiply your current skills and study further statistical computing. Use SAS to identify and analyse data. Calculate methods to apply techniques and interpret results to address theories.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Demonstrate professionally relevant SAS programming and data management skills
- Write SAS programs to enter, load, and merge different types of data from multiple sources
- Visualise data graphically using SAS graphical procedures
- Summarise data and perform descriptive statistical analyses using SAS procedures
- Conduct parametric and non-parametric analysis of variance for balanced and unbalanced study designs using SAS and interpret the results
- Perform linear regression analysis using SAS and interpret the results
- Analyse count data using generalised linear model (GLM) techniques using SAS.
- The SAS Display Manager
- Inputting temporary and permanent SAS datasets
- Data Manipulation and transformation including date variables
- Data Summaries and Graphics: PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS, PROC TABULATE, PROC SQL and, PROC SGPLOT.
- Statistical Analysis for group comparisons: PROC UNIVARIATE, PROC TTEST, PROC ANOVA, PROC GLM and PROC NPAR1WAY
- Linear regression: PROC CORR, PROC REG
- Generalized linear models: PROC GENMOD
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-STA60005-Statistical Practice 2 , or SWI-HMS771
- OtherDetails -
- Other special requirement
Please note: This subject was previously titled Further Statistical Computing
This subject expands on earlier subjects in the degree, introducing students to other aspects of statistical computing. In particular, students will be introduced to one of the leading statistical software packages SAS - a powerful tool for organising and analysing data. Students will use this statistical software to further develop their knowledge in data management, data presentation, and statistical analysis.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Quiz — Online (10%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignments — 2 (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: