- Data and Information management techniques
- Relational Database terminology and concepts
- Modelling with Entity-Relationship Diagrams
- Data Design Strategies
- Using local and cloud based solutions for data storage and retrieval
- Using Data Normalisation techniques to enhance data integrity and data maintenance
- Using SQL to manage and manipulate relational data
- Non-relational databases terminology and concepts
- Database Transactions Management
- Using Data Analytics and Analytic Tools for strategic decision making
- Using non-relational data for strategic decision making
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject critically analyses methods of dealing with both internal and external data available to organisations. This includes data sourced from cloud and social networks. Effective data usage must take into account efficient data storage and retrieval methodologies to realise potential organisational benefits. Students will apply data modelling techniques and data design strategies to complex problems to illustrate how to maximise the efficient storage and retrieval of organisational data.
Students are expected to review their design in the context of current trends as articulated in the academic literature.
- Portfolio (100%)