Advanced Business Analysis
Enhance your knowledge of the principles and methods that business analysts draw on daily. Tackle business problems in a real-world context. You’ll break down the theory behind implementation plans, understand your stakeholders and see the connections.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Aug 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete his subject will be able to:
1. Apply an advanced and integrated knowledge of the principles, analytical methods and approaches of business analysis to resolve business problems in a contemporary organisational context
2. Critically evaluate proposed solutions to business problems to determine the best fit with business requirements using decision-making tools to meet the original stakeholder needs
3. Critically analyse implementation plans, and associated organisational impacts and report on post-implementation reviews to specialist and non-specialist audiences
4. Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader or member of a team
- business requirements, stakeholder requirements, solution requirements (functional & non-functional requirements), transition requirements
- requirements management, prioritisation and communication
- enterprise analysis, establishing business needs
- development of business cases
- advanced elicitation techniques
- solution assessment and validation
- evaluation of deployed solutions
- on-going benefits planning and realisation
- managing technology-driven change
- analysing requirements in an agile development environment
- implementation planning
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject is an advanced subject which aims to further develop the underlying knowledge, skills and other competencies that are critical to the effective business analysis. It builds on previous foundational knowledge in particular. It also aims to contextualise business analysis, building complexity, uncertainty and interconnectedness into the modelling domain.
- Individual (30-40%)
- Group (30-40%)
- Individual (20-40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.